Alright people, let’s just drop everything and talk about this freaking PISTACHIO TART right now. Yeah, these exist. I have a serious—yet forbidden—passion for pistachios. My relationship with pistachios is kind of like that of Romeo and Juliet, and here’s why. As a young child, I loved pistachios. I still have vivid memories of going grocery shopping with my mom, when she would buy me a bag of pistachios. I would begin eating them immediately in the car on the way home, but would make myself save some to look forward to later in the day. It was pure magic. I will never forget the rush of emotion that filled my very soul as I reached into that crackers cabinet and joyously took out the half-eaten bag of pistachios. I’m really not exaggerating here. Anyways, shortly thereafter, we learned that my younger sister has an allergy to nuts (and peanut butter, which is equally devastating and will most likely be the topic of a post in the near future). Thus, we stopped buying pistachios and all other nuts FOREVER. It was devastating. It wasn’t until I went to college that I had them again. And even then, the only “grocery store” in my tiny college town was sold out of them 99% of the time, and the other 1% of the time they were so ridiculously expensive that I didn’t ever make the purchase. So I’ve had to stifle my pistachio passion for most of my life, and it has not been easy to do so. But now I am in the real world, and these glorious delicacies are part of my life once more. So naturally, when I saw a pistachio tart on the menu of this bakery, I literally gasped out loud and ordered it. And believe it or not, it actually did live up to all the hype I’d built up over the years. I left that fine establishment with a tear in my eye and a new kind of smile in my already-smiling heart.

Alright people, let’s just drop everything and talk about this freaking PISTACHIO TART right now. Yeah, these exist. I have a serious—yet forbidden—passion for pistachios. My relationship with pistachios is kind of like that of Romeo and Juliet, and here’s why. As a young child, I loved pistachios. I still have vivid memories of going grocery shopping with my mom, when she would buy me a bag of pistachios. I would begin eating them immediately in the car on the way home, but would make myself save some to look forward to later in the day. It was pure magic. I will never forget the rush of emotion that filled my very soul as I reached into that crackers cabinet and joyously took out the half-eaten bag of pistachios. I’m really not exaggerating here. Anyways, shortly thereafter, we learned that my younger sister has an allergy to nuts (and peanut butter, which is equally devastating and will most likely be the topic of a post in the near future). Thus, we stopped buying pistachios and all other nuts FOREVER. It was devastating. It wasn’t until I went to college that I had them again. And even then, the only “grocery store” in my tiny college town was sold out of them 99% of the time, and the other 1% of the time they were so ridiculously expensive that I didn’t ever make the purchase. So I’ve had to stifle my pistachio passion for most of my life, and it has not been easy to do so. But now I am in the real world, and these glorious delicacies are part of my life once more. So naturally, when I saw a pistachio tart on the menu of this bakery, I literally gasped out loud and ordered it. And believe it or not, it actually did live up to all the hype I’d built up over the years. I left that fine establishment with a tear in my eye and a new kind of smile in my already-smiling heart.


THIS IS LITERALLY THE PERFECT CHOCOLATE-DIPPING JOB. I WILL CRY.

THIS IS LITERALLY THE PERFECT CHOCOLATE-DIPPING JOB. I WILL CRY.

(via omgsexyfood)


This is an illustrious dinner I recently made of shrimp, pasta, spinach, and feta cheese. Here’s a question: why is feta cheese so unbelievably good? I’ve never fully been able to wrap my head around how delicious this cheese is, or how it can enhance literally any dish. I’ve started buying the value packs of feta from the grocery store, once I finally had an honest talk with myself and admitted that I would, in fact, use all that cheese before the expiration date. I also buy the value packs of pasta, so…this meal is really just a great option for me.

This is an illustrious dinner I recently made of shrimp, pasta, spinach, and feta cheese. Here’s a question: why is feta cheese so unbelievably good? I’ve never fully been able to wrap my head around how delicious this cheese is, or how it can enhance literally any dish. I’ve started buying the value packs of feta from the grocery store, once I finally had an honest talk with myself and admitted that I would, in fact, use all that cheese before the expiration date. I also buy the value packs of pasta, so…this meal is really just a great option for me.


Just some CASUAL apple cider donuts. These spicy little donuts are one of the most magical foods out there. Every year my college has “mountain day,” which is basically where we hike a mountain and eat apple cider donuts when we get to the top, and it’s literally the best thing ever. I am grateful to mountain day for introducing me to said donuts, and I now seek them out whenever I can. One fine day when I went apple picking with my friend, we noticed that the bakery was selling apple cider donuts. We got in line to buy some, and then found out that we could buy a minimum of 6 at a time. We were like, “Oops, I guess we’ll just have to get 6…” so we did and then we ate them. I’m devastated to say that apple picking season is over and I’ve not yet found another place to get these donuts…but I won’t give up the hope.

Just some CASUAL apple cider donuts. These spicy little donuts are one of the most magical foods out there. Every year my college has “mountain day,” which is basically where we hike a mountain and eat apple cider donuts when we get to the top, and it’s literally the best thing ever. I am grateful to mountain day for introducing me to said donuts, and I now seek them out whenever I can. One fine day when I went apple picking with my friend, we noticed that the bakery was selling apple cider donuts. We got in line to buy some, and then found out that we could buy a minimum of 6 at a time. We were like, “Oops, I guess we’ll just have to get 6…” so we did and then we ate them. I’m devastated to say that apple picking season is over and I’ve not yet found another place to get these donuts…but I won’t give up the hope.


This apple glamour shot is from one of my multiple apple picking excursions this fall. Apple picking is probably one of the single most awesome things one could do in life, and the fresh apples are inappropriately delicious. 

This apple glamour shot is from one of my multiple apple picking excursions this fall. Apple picking is probably one of the single most awesome things one could do in life, and the fresh apples are inappropriately delicious. 


foodfuckery:

Recipe

IT JUST GOT REAL UP IN HERE. MY CHRISTMAS SEASON WILL NEVER BE THE SAME.


foodfuckery:

Crepe Cake with Blackberry Schnapps Chocolate Mousse

Recipe

My mind is blown by this creativity and by the fact that something like this could even exist in the world. Life is beautiful.


Christmas Stuff: Hot Cocoa 

ANYTHING RELATING TO THE CHRISTMAS SEASON AT ALL LEGITIMATELY MAKES ME CRY, SO DEFINITELY THIS ALSO.

(via prettyfoods)


foodfuckery:

Chocolate Strawberry Brownie Sandwiches

Recipe

Also this.


foodfuckery:

Peanut Butter Cheesecake with Pretzel Crust

Recipe

A prime example of food that would definitely bring me to tears.